In this article we would simplify the procedure for change in the details of Voter ID card.You need to fill in Form 8 provided with this download here. Form-8 can be filed for correction to particulars of a person entered in the electoral roll. There are four Parts in Form 8.
I. Applicant’s details
II. Particulars of place of present ordinary Residence (Full address)
III. Details of Elector’s Photo Identity Card (if issued, in this or some other constituency)
IV. Details of entries to be corrected
Part I, II & III should be exactly the new details you want in the election card, and not the one which is already there. In Part I of the Application, please write your name, as it should appear in the electoral roll. In Part II of the Application Form please fill up the full and complete postal address including PIN code where you are ordinarily residing and want to get registered, in the space provided.[/font]
In Part IV of the Application you should indicate the details of entries to be corrected. Therefore, this is a very important part of the Application. You have indicated the correct details about your name, age, date of birth, relations name, sex, address and photo identity card in the space provided in Parts I to III of the Application. In this Part you have to clearly put a tick mark on the details that need to be corrected on the basis of information now furnished by you. Please score out the alternatives that are not to be corrected.
Do's & Dont's
- The request can only be filed only by a person whose name is already included in the electoral roll seeking correction to his/her particulars already printed in the electoral roll.
- Only one copy of the application is to be filed during the publicized revision period, however, during non-revision period, application must be filed in duplicate.
- The application should be addressed to the Electoral Registration Officer of the constituency in which the name of the applicant is already included. The name of the constituency should be mentioned in the blank space.
- Please fill up the Part Number and serial number in that part of electoral roll where your name is listed. This is mandatory.
- If you already have been issued with a Photo Identity Card by the Election Commission, please mention the card number (printed on the front side) and date of issue (printed on the back side) of the card in the space provided in Part III of the Application Form.
- You should indicate your Age in years and months as on 1st January of the year with reference to which the electoral roll is printed.
- In case the application is for correcting a wrong photograph, then the applicant may write “My Photograph” in Part IV of the application and if possible, attach a recent passport size coloured photograph with the application.
- Give your full name and address on the acknowledgement and intimation portions.
- Please give your mobile number and E-mail I.D in the Form , which is optional , as the same, if given, may be used by the Electoral Registration Officer for further communication with the applicant whenever required.
- Date of Birth (With Documentary Proof): Fill up the date of birth in figures in the space provided in dd/mm/yyyy. Proofs of date of birth to be attached are as under:
- Birth certificate issued by a Municipal Authorities or district office of the Registrar of Births & Deaths or
- Baptism certificate; or
- Birth certificate from the school (Govt. / Recognised) last attended by the applicant or any other recognised educational institution; or
- If a person is class 10 or more pass, he should give a copy of the marksheet of class 10 , if it contains date of birth as a proof of date of birth; or
- Marksheet of class 8 if it contains date of birth; or
- Marksheet of class 5 if it contains date of birth; or
- A declaration in prescribed format given in Annexure-1 made by either of his parents if the person is not educated till class 10 (In those cases where parental declaration is given as proof of age, the applicant will have to be present himself for verification before BLO/ERO/AERO); or
- A certificate of his age given by a sarpanch of the concerned Gram Panchayat or by a member of the concerned Municipal Corporation / Municipal Committee, the person is not educated till class 10 and both the parents are not alive.
- Note: Documentary proof of age will be required only in those cases, where age of the applicant is between 18 and 21 years. In all other cases declaration of his age by the applicant will be taken as proof of age
- Place of Ordinary Residence. Proof of ordinary residence to be attached are as under:
- Bank / Kisan / Post Office current Pass Book, or
- Applicant’s Ration Card / Passport / Driving License / Income Tax Return filed or Assessment Order, or
- Latest Water / Telephone / Electricity / Gas Connection Bill for that address, either in the name of the
- applicant or that of his / her immediate relation like parents etc., or
- Postal department’s posts received / delivered in the applicant’s name at the given address.
- NOTE: In case of homeless persons, the BLO will visit the address given in Form 6 at night to ascertain that the homeless person actually sleeps at the place which is given as his address in Form 6. If the BLO is able to verify that the homeless person actually sleeps at that place, no documentary proof of place of residence shall be necessary.BLO must visit for more than one night for such verification.
- Attach a recent passport size coloured photograph with the application. (In case the application is for correcting a wrong photograph)
- Attach a self-attested photocopy of both sides of the Voter ID card. (if already issued)
Click here to download this file
Click here to view the article